This is for all my Tokyo friends who are probably suffering this year with electricity restrictions affecting their lifestyles, and are struggling to motivate themselves in the heat. Believe me, I share your pain, so a couple of simple tips that work for me to help you keep at your training goals.
- Get plenty of sleep. You are probably feeling a bit drained already in the constant heat, so be considerate to yourself and get the extra rest you need to keep yourself up and at ’em.
- Get plenty of fluids. You need that water, especially you urbanites that love to drink your coffee and tea. Keep your body well irrigated. train smart. Pick the time of day when you have the most energy, or when the day is coolest.
- Train efficiently. A short, intense, focused workout is going to do you a lot better than a long protracted tooth pulling session. Get in there, get it done, and enjoy the post workout feeling .
- Eat well. Watch out for the sugar craving, salt craving, and keep your diet balanced and healthy. Plenty of fruits and greens should be staple.
- Stretch. Keeps you supple and the mind more agile, and less willing to succumb to the every day stresses that can drive you nuts in the heat.